When a network critical to bus and train services in the United Kingdom began to slow down, the IT team at?The Go-Ahead Group plc. suspected a cyber attack, and turned to Symantec and Symantec Platinum Partner Threatscape.
- Operates eight bus and three train companies throughout the central and southern United Kingdom
- Supports a billion passenger journeys a year
- Potential disruption to buses and trains on routes that total 250,000 miles each day
"Threatscape helped us triage the problem, get the Conficker worm off infected systems, and protect each device with Symantec Endpoint Protection. Within two hours, we knew exactly what was going on, and within 24 hours, we basically put out all the fires."
, IT Infrastructure Manager
The Go-Ahead Group plc.
The Solution: Symantec Managed Security Services
- Symantec Managed Security Services helps create a strategic security roadmap, reducing security response from days to hours
- Time to threat remediation reduced from several days to a few hours
- 24×7×365 coverage without doubling the size of the internal team
- Significantly reduced costs while improving security compliance and best practices
- Ability to make informed decisions and take action against threats more quickly
- Trusted provider with specialist knowledge and capability
- Partnership model with Softcat delivers additional business value